On Friday April 10th, the City will begin initial work for pavement repairs. Work in earnest will start on Monday April 13th.
This project includes asphalt patches at the following locations:
- Peabody Street between 8th Street and Ahlvers Road.
- Park Avenue between Peabody Street and Race Street.
- N Street and West 4th Street intersection.
- Marine Drive in the McKinley Paper Mill area.
- Lincoln Street between 5th and 4th Streets.
During active construction roads will be closed to through traffic, however local residents will be directed through the construction site by flaggers. Expect delays when traveling in these areas.
Listed below are the locations and anticipated work dates. Please note that as with all projects - dates may change, and work may be extended depending on weather, progress and conditions.
- Where: Peabody Street between 8th and Alvhers.
- When: Beginning Monday April 13th, with completion on, Tuesday April 21st.
- Where: Park Avenue between Peabody Street and Race Street.
- When: Beginning Wednesday April 22nd, with completion on, Monday April 27th.
- Where: West 4th Street at the intersection of N Street
- When: Beginning Tuesday April 28th, with completion on, Thursday April 30th.
Our goal is to complete the project with as little inconvenience as possible while keeping safety of the public, pedestrians and motorists a top priority. Please use alternate routes and watch for trucks entering and leaving the work areas. Please remember, when you see our work crews, slow down for safety.
Thank you for your continued patience during our road repair efforts.
This work is being conducted in accordance with Governor Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” proclamation.
Repairing these roads ensures essential services continue for the public and first responders. Additionally, if the work were delayed, the City would run the risk of additional damage and unsafe conditions developing on these roads.
The City has implemented Safety Plans and Procedures to protect working staff from the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We ask the public to practice physical distancing by remaining at least 6 feet away from work crews.
To ensure safe physical distancing, affected residents will be notified by door hangers which will provide contact information in case questions arise.
For more information please contact Jeremy Pozernick, Project Manager, at (360) 417-4807 or Jpozerni@cityofpa.us