The Francis Street improvements include placement of new sidewalk, sidewalk ramps and a new concrete alley entrance
- New segments of sidewalk and new sidewalk ramps between Francis Street from the Francis Street Park to 8th Street
- New concrete alley entrance at Francis Street and 4th / 5th Alley
- Work is set to begin on February 14, 2022
- Project completion is anticipated to be March 30, 2022.
YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO!
All construction projects in the roadway are inherently dangerous which is why it is imperative that we, as a community, work together to optimize safety. Just as the contractor is responsible to ensure you get through their jobsite safely, you have a responsibility to ensure their workers also make it home safe.
Ways you can help:
- Give yourself extra time in advance so you’re not rushed and stressed by traffic delays.
- When traveling through a construction zone, drive slowly, be on the alert, seek to make eye contact, and follow the directions given by traffic control personnel.
- Keep up-to-date with project notices and public service announcements.
- And, if you see something unsafe – report it.
For more information please contact Jeremy Pozernick, Project Manager, at (360) 417-4807 or Jpozerni@cityofpa.us